Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Even the bad days and the doors slammed in my face and the death threats and everything else bad that happens. It's all worth it.


    This past week had its ups and downs but the ups definitely outweigh the downs. We taught quite a few lessons which was awesome. 
     We got a decent amount of snow.  We got a ton on Christmas Day - 13 inches in one night, but haven't gotten a ton since then.  Yesterday it got to be almost 50 so everything started melting but in the morning it was snowing ice balls so the roads are terrible.
    We did lots of service this week.  We helped a guy move and we shoveled driveways.  
     Elder Muse had never seen snow until his mission and loves it but wants to play in it a little too much sometimes!  He had only driven a car twice before his mission so I basically do all the driving which is fine by me.  I did get high centered in the car leaving a lesson but they hadn't shoveled their driveway yet so there was really nothing I could do about that. I was annoyed but we got it out pretty easily.  We did get the lost phone taken care of but never found it.  It's in a field the size of Emerson's (Colton's elementary school) in roughly 15 inches of snow.  (He and Elder Muse were playing in the snow last week and it fell out of Elder Muse's pocket somewhere in the snow.).  
     Since I've been in the same area for so long I really am starting to get to know the people really well and have built some great friendships. Jennie and Jose are two of those people for sure. Jose is definitely at a stand still for when it comes to quitting smoking but he is really trying. He has so much faith and I love that family so much. Jennie is still trying to find her faith but she is awesome too. On Friday, we had a lesson with them and we talked about how sometimes we have to make what may seem like a sacrifice but in all reality the blessings we will receive as a result will make it so worth it. And I've definitely found that to be true on a mission. Ever since I was a little kid I've wanted to serve the Lord for two years but last summer as it was getting closer to leaving I really didn't want to. I didn't know what to expect or what the future held for me. I felt like I was sacrificing so much to come serve a mission but the blessings I've received have easily made it worth it already. I love the people here so much and as I get to help them come closer to Jesus Christ, I myself get closer and closer. I know that God lives and he sent His Son to suffer for our sins. For my sins. I know that only through Him can I be forgiven and saved from physical and spiritual death. I know He loves me and that He loves you too. I know that as you put your faith in Him he will deliver you. He will help you overcome your trial. Maybe not right away but at the right moment. I love the people of Utah that I get to serve on a daily basis. I love that through my efforts families can be brought to the knowledge of how they can be together for eternity. I love everything about serving a mission. Even the bad days and the doors slammed in my face and the death threats and everything else bad that happens. It's all worth it. Like always I thank you all for your prayers for me. Have a great week! (As a mom I did follow up on the death threats comment - he said twice in the last month he was told if he came back to two separate places they would shoot him.  He said they wrote down their address and made sure they will respect that and not go back!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment