Thursday, July 20, 2017
I just can't stress enough to anyone the importance of trusting God. He truly loves you and wants what is best for you and it is so important we never forget that.
What a crazy, awesome week. First, we got transfer calls and Elder Greer and I will both be staying in the same area again so we are super excited about that. We have a lot of fun together and a lot of good work going right now. We also have birthdays the same week and will get to celebrate them as companions this transfer. We also got to celebrate our last birthday as companions so that doesn't happen very often. But this week was a great week.
On Tuesday, I got to go with one of my old companions, Elder Muse, to the temple with Amanda, someone we taught. It was such a special experience. She and her whole family had changed so much over the past 9 months since I started teaching her. On Friday we got to go to the temple with Ram to do baptisms for the dead and did the same thing on Saturday with Andrew. I'm sure that probably sounds a little weird so if you have questions about it, ask and I'll explain. What are baptisms for the dead?
We also put our investigator from Chile on date for baptism for August 5 so that'll be exciting. He is a professional table tennis player and we got to play him before church yesterday and he absolutely destroyed us. He's a super cool guy.
Something that I learned this week has to do with God's Plan. Sometimes, we as God's children, think we know what's best for us and what our plan needs to be. We sometimes forget that God knows best. I know I've had some struggles in life where I looked to God and asked why he was putting me through that trial or if he was even there. Looking back on my life from where I am now it is so easy to see just how much He has been involved in my every day life and how He has used me to help fulfill His plan. I just can't stress enough to anyone the importance of trusting God. He truly loves you and wants what is best for you and it is so important we never forget that. That's all I have for the week. Hope you all have a great week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment