Monday, August 14, 2017
It's hard to make changes in our life but when we make the decision to follow Christ it is always worth it.
So this week was a pretty hectic week. We had a lot of things going on and not so much time to get them done. But the week turned out pretty awesome. Both Dalton and Valentin got baptized on Saturday which was really special. Baptisms are seriously the most rewarding things ever. As a missionary, I spend a lot of time thinking about and praying for people to make the changes in their life to come unto Christ. We spend basically all day doing what we can to help people take those necessary steps and helping them anyway we can. At the end of the day I'm always dead tired and just mentally, emotionally, and physically exhausted. But when the time comes around for someone we have been working with to get baptized it makes it all worth it. And the same goes for the people we teach. They all have to make changes in their life to "take up the cross" and follow Christ. It's hard to make changes in our life but when we make the decision to follow Christ it is always worth it. It'll never be easy but it'll always be worth it. One of my favorite quotes is to "choose the harder right rather than the easier wrong." That is so true. It's always easier to do what is wrong. But doing what is right is always the most rewarding because it brings us true happiness. We are already coming up on the end of the transfer which is crazy. My very first companion, Elder Tyler, goes home at the end of this transfer which will be really weird. He will be my first companion I've had to go home which means I'm starting to get closer and closer to when I go home. This week should be another good one. We have a lot of temple Square lessons set up. It is always pretty refreshing to go downtown and just feel of the spirit that is present there. That's all I have for this week. I hope everyone has a great week. Love and miss you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment