Tuesday, March 13, 2018

He then invited me to pray and ask if God was really there and if He loved me and so I did. The answer came so strong and so powerfully and that moment really changed my life.






This week went by so fast. It seemed like I blinked and it was over but it was again a pretty good week. We had some really good lessons this week but nothing from our lessons really stood out to me to share this week. However, Elder O’Neal and I were asked to speak in church this past Sunday and I wanted to share part of what I spoke on. So I was asked to speak about the importance of teaching the truths of eternity. Kind of a weird thing to speak on but the more I thought about it the more I just kept coming back to a few main things that we believe in and I want to share two of them. The first is that God is real and He loves us and the second is that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer and He suffered and died for us. I know without a doubt that both of those statements are true. As I was reflecting on these statements it made me think of the moment where I came to know that God loved me. It was the summer right before we moved up to Goshen and I was really struggling with a lot of things at the time. I was really weak. I realized that I wasn’t going to be able to take on everything I was going through at the time by myself and I needed help. I went to EFY in Texas that summer and my counselor came up to me while I was trying to read the scriptures and we started talking and I opened up to him a little about some of the things I was going through at the time. He asked me if I knew if God loved me and I said I don’t know. He then invited me to pray and ask if God was really there and if He loved me and so I did. The answer came so strong and so powerfully and that moment really changed my life. Knowing that God is there and cares about me and is apart of my life makes me want to be better and helps me to have hope for the future. I know God lives and that He loves us. I know he is a part of our everyday lives. So if you haven’t prayed and asked God if he loves you, I wanna invite you to do that. And even if you have sometimes it is nice to have some reassurance. Hope y’all have a great week! Thanks for your prayers!

1 comment: