Tuesday, June 26, 2018

I am so thankful that I’ve gotten to learn from both of them.




Another week in the books! Pretty nuts. This week went by so fast. It seemed like everyday we had only two or three things on our schedule but they took basically all day so it made the week go by really fast. We got to do some service this week which is always nice. Elder Whittaker and I and some other guys helped this older lady dig a ditch. She runs a small farm all by herself and she is about 75 years old. It was pretty cool to be able to help her out with something that will make her life easier. We also got to help out at a camp for 11 year old boys who are involved in Boy Scouts. We got to teach them about missions and what it is that we do and how they can help people get closer to Jesus Christ. It was also a really awesome experience to get to try to influence the lives of those 11 year old boys. One of the wards we cover had a neighborhood fish fry so that was pretty awesome to go to. They had some halibut, salmon, and rockfish from Alaska and it was so good. We of course had some really good lessons this week as well. The one that stood out to me the most this week was with this couple named Steve and Crystal. They actually cancelled our scheduled lesson but called us at about 9:30 on Sunday night and asked if we could come over and give them a blessing. 9:30 is past our curfew but we couldn’t tell them no and we couldn’t find anyone else and so we went and briefly visited with them and read from the scriptures and then gave them each a blessing of comfort. It was really cool to be able to do that and to tell them things that obviously touched them. I could really feel the Lord helping me to know what to say to bring peace into their lives. God is so good. This week is the last week that I’ll have President and Sister Palmer as my mission president and wife. I’m definitely really sad about that but I am so thankful that I’ve gotten to learn from both of them. I’m also excited to learn my last 4 weeks or so from my new mission president and wife, President and Sister McBeth. What’s cool is nothing really changes. We keep doing the same things and go out and work hard everyday. Here is to another good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment