Being a Zone Leader is a lot of extra work I didn't really expect. Basically we get to serve other missionaries who need stuff which is really nice but can be annoying when they don't really need it. We live with what's called the AP's or assistants to the president, as in our mission president. In our mission right now we have less missionaries then we did a couple months ago so we aren't using as many apartments as we were before. So we got to help the AP's close down four apartments this week which took up a lot of our time. But it is always nice to do some service.
I love my new area! We are teaching some really cool people. It's really fun to basically spend all my time around people my age. We aren't teaching very many people right now but hopefully that will change soon! Another cool thing about the area I'm serving in is I get to cover a college campus. Its Salt Lake Community College but a ton of people go there and it's cool to meet so many different people there everyday. I'm super excited to continue serving here for the rest of the transfer.
Since we only taught for lessons this week I didn't have really any super cool teaching moments this week but I do have something I'd like to share. There is this guy named Mike that Elders Wilcox (my current companion) and Dolan (Wilcox's last companion) were teaching. He is a super cool guy but has just kinda gotten burnt out from religion. He feels like he has done so much to try to give back to God and because he is like 26 and still hasn't found a wife and doesn't have a great job, among other things, that God doesn't love him. He served a mission like I'm doing right now and after his mission he was a counselor at something called EFY. EFY is a week long summer camp for Mormon kids who are in high school. I love EFY. It's such an amazing and powerful spiritual experience. I went to EFY all four years of high school and it really helped me make the decision to go on a mission. Well, Elder Wilcox showed me a picture of Mike and it turns out I know him. He was a counselor at two of the EFY's I went to. Never mine but I saw him and know him. At one of the EFY's I went to, they pulled all of the boys that were there outside and all the counselors who had served missions basically bore their testimony about their missions and how it changed them. I remember two of those testimonies that really hit home with me and helped me solidify in my mind that I needed to go on a mission. One was my counselor that year, Alex, and the other was Mike. I'm so excited to start teaching and meeting with him and to get to share my testimony with him that this is all worth it. So that was something cool from this week.
The scripture I want to share is a great one. It is found in the scriptures a lot but it is one of my favorites. This one is taken from Enos 1:15. It says, "Whatsoever thing ye shall ask in faith, believing that ye shall receive in the name of Christ, ye shall receive it." That is such a cool promise. When we have a question if we pray and ask God in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ, we will receive that answer power of the Holy Ghost. So I want to invite you to think about questions that you have that need answered and then to go to prayer and ask God that very specific question and I can promise you that you'll get an answer. That's one of the many reasons we have the gift of prayer. Weird thinking it is already May. Time is going so fast out here. Gotta make the most of it! I hope everyone has a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment