Monday, April 24, 2017

Sometimes God asks us to do hard things but if we trust in Him and rely on Him and just do it, it'll be worth it.

   
  So transfer news! Elder Ledbetter and I will no longer be companions. We were both glad to hear that so that we can be better friends. This transfer serving with him was a blast and I learned a lot from him. Definitely bitter sweet. 
     So I found out I'm going to be leaving the area (kinda) and will be covering Taylorsville YSA. YSA means young single adults so 18-30 year olds will be all I'm teaching and working with so that'll be different. I'll be with Elder Wilcox and I'm super excited. We are going to be zone leaders so that was a surprise but I'm really excited. It should be a lot of fun! I'll be over 40 missionaries so that's a big change from 12 but I'm excited! I'll send our transfer board in this email so you can kinda get a picture of what I mean. 
     Elder Ledbetter will be serving with Elder Miller one of my former companions so I'm excited for him. This week was a great week to end my time with Elder Ledbetter. We had some really cool experiences and lessons with people. We invited both Marcus and Jackson to be baptized this week and they both accepted which was awesome. Super cool kids. There were definitely two major highlights though. On Saturday, CJ got baptized which was really cool. He gave the opening Prayer and it was the sweetest thing ever. I've never seen someone so happy to be baptized in my entire life. He was smiling from ear to ear. Really cool day. 
     On Sunday, we had a musical devotional that was put on by our mission. Elder Ledbetter is one of the missionaries in charge of running it so I got to help set up for it basically all afternoon Sunday. The devotional was amazing. We always have a Polynesian choir sing at it and they are phenomenal. The spirit was so strong there I was crying. It was really cool. The devotional was centered around Easter and Jesus's atonement for us. No better way to end a transfer then celebrating what Jesus Christ did for us with music. I wish you all could have been there. Words can't really describe what it was like. Really cool night. 
     The scripture I want to share this week says, "I am Jesus Christ I came by the will of the Father and I do his will." This scripture is probably my favorite right now. Jesus Christ died for us on the cross because he wanted to complete God's will for Him. He did it because He loves God and He loves us. He didn't want to do it because He thought He might enjoy it or it might be fun, but He knew He had to do it. It's the same for us. Sometimes God asks us to do hard things but if we trust in Him and rely on Him and just do it, it'll be worth it. I've seen it countless times these past 9 months. Pretty incredible. That's about all I got for this week. It's been a great transfer but I'm excited for the big change! It'll be fun. I hope you all have a great week!


Also I thought you might be interested in how our mission does transfers. With everyone having iPads (android tablets for the ones who have been out for 4 months or less) it's really easy to stay in contact with other missionaries with iMessage and stuff. So they call everyone and tell them their transfers on Saturday morning and then then they email the Zone Leader the transfer board and the Zone Leaders send it to the district leaders who sends it to their districts. So by 10:30 everybody knows where everybody is going. It's pretty cool. So here is what our transfer board looks like. Also last night I was talking to Elder Tyler (my trainer) at the musical fireside and our mission president came up to us and started talking to us and was joking about what was God thinking making us Zone Leaders (Tyler just became a Zone Leader too). But then he told us that for most of the process on working on transfers Tyler and I were supposed to whitewash into being Zone Leaders together. But then at my Zone leader's baptism two weeks ago I got to present the 4 minute restoration with Elder Wilcox, who was already a Zone Leader, because his companion, Elder Dolan, was performing the baptism. We present the restoration lesson in four minutes while the person baptizing and being baptized are changing after their baptism. After the baptism, our mission president came up to Elder Wilcox and I and told us that he couldn't believe how well we taught together and how natural it was. So that's apparently why he put Wilcox and I together. Pretty crazy!





2 comments:

  1. Whitewash is a term they use for specifically cleaning up the records in an area to make sure everyone who wants to be taught is being reached and all addresses and contact information is up to date. It is called that because it gives them fresh and accurate information for the missionary work in the area.

    ReplyDelete