Monday, April 17, 2017
There is nothing more humbling then kneeling down and confessing our weaknesses and pleading for help to God.
I had a really cool week. First off, we found this 15 year old kid to teach named Marcus and he is super cool. He's one of those kids who tries to act like they are too cool for school but really they aren't. He is a super sincere kid. We had an awesome lesson with him. He told us about this experience he had recently where he finally realized that Jesus Christ is real and is really there. That's what led to us teaching him. He said basically he just woke up one morning and was laying in bed and just felt like Jesus was there and He loved him. So I asked him how that made him feel and he responded with "I don't know I was still tired." Really funny kid. I'm excited to keep teaching him. On Thursday we had something called Mission Tour. Basically one of the leaders of our church comes and visits all the missionaries in the mission and speaks to them. It was super powerful. So the guy who came and spake to us, his name is Elder Christensen and he used to play football for BYU. He is a big dude. Super cool guy. He shared lots of cool thing but I want to share just a couple of them. First he said, that sometimes we want to improve ourselves and we don't know where to start. So we don't really know the question we need to ask God. So instead ask God what is it that I need to improve on? What can I be better at? What are my weaknesses? Questions like that. And then answers will come and more questions will come and then you can go to work. Really cool idea. Another was how we need to be humble. In order to become humble, we have to become less prideful. And the antidote for pride is prayer. I love this so much. There is nothing more humbling then kneeling down and confessing our weaknesses and pleading for help to God. Another really cool idea. Also another thing I want to share is from my training I prepared for my district meeting this week. I taught from a chapter in a book we use a lot called Preach My Gospel. I focused on chapter 6, which is my favorite, which talks about developing Christlike attributes. I came to realize how much they are connected. When we increase in one, all the others increase naturally. So when we strengthen our faith, we naturally have more hope and more charity and more patience. When we gain more knowledge, our faith increases and when our faith increases it makes us want to be more obedient to God's commandments. It was an awesome training and a really cool discussion that I got to lead. I learned a lot this week. With yesterday being Easter, I hope you got the chance to think about Jesus Christ and His sacrifice for you. I spent a lot of time in the scriptures and thinking about my Savior. Church was amazing today. The spirit was so strong. I hope you had an awesome Easter Sunday as well. The scripture I want to share this week is about Easter and is from 1 Corinthians 15:21-22. It says, "21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive." Basically what it is saying is that because of Christ we will all be resurrected again some day. Because of Christ's atonement we can overcome both our spiritual death and suffering as well as our physical death and suffering. That's what makes His atonement the greatest gift. I hope everyone had an amazing Easter! Until next week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment