Tuesday, April 11, 2017
With this Sunday being Easter, I'd like to personally invite you all to remember Jesus more this week in everything you do.
I had a pretty good week. Nothing too crazy or unexpected happened this week. I got to go on exchanges with Elder Quinnelly this week and that was a blast. It's always nice to get a little break from your companion, no matter how much you love them and get along with them. Elder Quinnelly is super cool and we have gotten really close this transfer so it was super fun to spend a day with him and have a good time. We have basically all the same interests so it was fun to talk about that as well.
As far as cool stuff that happened in lessons this week, I had my first lesson with this 9 year old boy named Taz. We taught him once but I was on exchanges so it was my first time meeting him. We talked about the Plan of Salvation, or God's plan for us. At the end we had him try to teach it back to us to see how well he retained it and it was super cool to see him do it just about perfect. He's a super smart kid. At the end we asked him if he had any questions for us and he started to cry and basically asked what's going to happen to his dad. His parents are divorced and his dad isn't making good choices and it was really sad to see Taz so upset. We assured him that he has nothing to worry about and that God would take care of it and it will all work out. As we were leaving he came up to me and gave me a huge hug and it made me so happy.
It's moments like that, that make giving up two years to come here to serve the Lord so worth it. Bringing hope and love and happiness to people's life through the gospel of Jesus Christ is easily the most fulfilling thing I've ever done. I've come to realize that people are going to fail us here on earth. At home, I used to rely so much on other people for my own happiness. But ultimately unless your faith is built on Christ, you'll never truly be happy. Or at least as happy as you can be. Jesus Christ loves us so much he was willing to live, die, and live again for us. He did that so we can all live again. If that doesn't bring you peace and joy, I don't know what else can. With this Sunday being Easter, I'd like to personally invite you all to remember Jesus more this week in everything you do. Be more thankful for the gift He has given you. Be more thankful for the sacrifice that He made for you. He loves you. I love my Savior Jesus Christ and I love serving Him.
The scripture I want to share this week is from John 3:16-17. Very popular verse but it's so true and so great. It says, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." Great scripture to remember as we head into Easter weekend. Always remember to give thanks to God for the sacrifice of His son, and our brother, Jesus Christ. Hope you all have a great week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment