Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Getting to spend 24 hours a day 7 days a week devoted to serving God has been just an amazing experience.


Colton fell for the quarter tracing prank....:)

I had a super good week. The Lord is really blessing this area so much right now. We have so many amazing people we are teaching just falling into our lap. This week we got a text from a member telling us about a 13 year old girl that has been coming to church for a few months and about how she wants to get baptized. So we went to her home to meet her and to talk to her about setting up lessons and she is just awesome. She told us she wants to get baptized as soon a she can so we put her on date for September 23rd. We had our first lesson with her the next day and she is just so excited to learn more and to strengthen her relationship with Christ. She told us she has been going to the temple with her friends and just waiting in the waiting room while they are in the temple. So that was a pretty cool miracle that happened this week. We had a really fun lesson with this 9 year old boy named Myles and his family. Myles is pretty hilarious and so during the lesson he kept assuring us that he met Jesus Christ when he was on the earth and that he has lived for over 2,000 years. It was pretty funny but he is a really sweet kid and is going to get baptized in October. We had another really good lesson this week with Paige and also with the Browns. The work is just really progressing and we are seeing a lot of success right now. 
I've seen so many blessings over the past 13-14 months of being on a mission. I love the people here so much and I love getting to serve them. This week we got to spend four hours shoveling top soil into wheelbarrows and dumping them and spreading the top soil over someone's yard for them. I had never even met the guy but he needed help so we helped him. Getting to spend 24 hours a day 7 days a week devoted to serving God has been just an amazing experience. I've truly come to understand the gospel of Christ and how important it is to follow Christ in our lives. All it does is bring us true happiness. It replaces temporary pleasure with true lasting happiness. I hope everyone has a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment