Tuesday, September 5, 2017

I love this area so much already. There are some pretty awesome people out here.


Well my first week in Stansbury was very different then serving in West Valley. Colton was transferred and moved to a new area. West Valley is much more of a city life whereas Stansbury is kinda in the boonies and much, much more laid back. Nobody is home from 9-5 because they are all working in Salt Lake but I love this area so much already. There are some pretty awesome people out here. 
We had a very successful week teaching wise. We had quite a few lessons and found two new investigators and put three new people on date for baptism. I still don't know a ton of the people we are teaching yet very well but we did have a really cool thing happen this last week. So my last week in Taylorsville this girl named Paige came to church and turns out she was actually from Stansbury and was coming to church all the way in Taylorsville which is easily an hour drive. So I introduced myself to her and then Elder Smith and I had a lesson with her on Wednesday this past week in Stansbury and she came to church here this past week. So that was pretty cool. Also I found out my cousin goes to one of the wards I cover so he walked in and we started talking and stuff and he invited me and Smith over for dinner so we went. Pretty funny it just happened to be my cousin, Brittany's birthday so my whole family was basically there which was pretty awesome. I got to see Kyrie, and my grandparents and a ton of cousins so it was a really good day. Kyrie flew in on Saturday and was spending the weekend with her grandparents.  They stopped by for the family birthday dinner and were super surprised to see Elder Potter there! It made me smile to think that they had that little bit of time where their paths crossed again. It ended a really good first week in Stansbury. I hope everyone had a great week and a great Labor Day! Love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment