Sunday, December 24, 2017

I know that God has a plan for us and through our Savior Jesus Christ we can see our loved ones again when they pass on to the next life. I’m so thankful for Christmas and the season of giving.





Well it was a long 10 days between P-days but a great 10 days as well. We had a really good week. We set up a ton of new lessons with people, most of which cancelled but it was still cool to see the Lord bless us for our hard work. I’ve learned so much lately. I have really been focusing on making my personal studies more meaningful. I’ve learned so much about Christ and His Atonement lately and it has been so cool! I’ve also really been enjoying doing the Light the World initiative. Elder Rebarchik and I have been praying for opportunities to accomplish each day’s invitation and we have been pretty good at it. One day the invitation was to mourn with those who mourn and we were really struggling with how to do that one. And so we prayed to find someone who needed us to mourn with them. About three or four days after that we felt prompted to go stop by this family and came to find out that their mother had passed away and it was such a neat opportunity to just be there for a complete stranger who needed someone. Her son, who is in his 50’s and has some special needs, was pretty distraught and we were able to really comfort him and it was a really neat experience. And then on Wednesday, I got to go on exchanges with Elder Griffin, who I’m good friends with, and we had a lesson at temple Square and it went super well! The girl he and his companion are teaching just had her grandmother pass away and we got to comfort her and let her know that she will see her again. I know that’s true. I know that God has a plan for us and through our Savior Jesus Christ we can see our loved ones again when they pass on to the next life. I’m so thankful for Christmas and the season of giving. I’m thankful for the chance I have to be a missionary serving here in Utah right now in my life. Especially during this Christmas season. I hope y’all have a Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment