A hot chocolate party in no way is very important but God loves all of His children. He cares enough to help 26 missionaries, who are all far away from home, to have an enjoyable Christmas.


MERRY CHRISTMAS! I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. I had an awesome weekend. I loved getting to skype my family. I only have one more Skype before I go home! Anyways we had lots of cool miracles that happened this weekend. On Thursday, we got to go caroling through parts of some neighborhoods in Tooele with some other missionaries and that was so awesome. It really helped get me into the holiday spirit. We had a very powerful lesson with a couple, Jacob and Krensa, talking about the power of prayer, scripture study, and going to church. It was a really cool lesson and the spirit was very strong. Krensa was recently baptized and has been struggling a lot and so we were able to testify to her that prayer, scripture study, and going to church are the best things to help her overcome her challenges and grow closer to Jesus Christ. On Saturday, we had the opportunity to go caroling again but this time in a nursing home. It was a really neat experience. We also had the chance to stop and visit with some of the residents who were lonely. It was a lot of fun and definitely a highlight of my Christmas weekend. I want to share a really cool miracle that happened to us as well. So for Christmas Day, all the missionaries in my zone got together for an ugly sweater Christmas party, white elephant gift exchange, and hot chocolate. So Elder Rebarchik and I went to go get the supplies for hot chocolate at Walmart and before we could even get in the door two separate people gave us $20 each. Going into it we didn’t know if we were going to have enough money to pay for all we needed so that was a huge blessing. As we were walking around getting what we needed another man came up to us and gave us $4. It was all he had in his wallet but he insisted on us taking the money. So we finish getting what we needed for the party as well as a couple of things we needed for our apartment and go to check out. In total we had been given $44. Our groceries costed $44.31. It was the coolest thing ever. It wasn’t something huge but I know that God was blessing us. A hot chocolate party in no way is very important but God loves all of His children. He cares enough to help 26 missionaries, who are all far away from home, to have an enjoyable Christmas. I know we have a Heavenly Father who loves us so much. He is interested in all aspects of our lives. He wants us to be happy. I know that’s true without a shadow of a doubt. I am so thankful for my Savior and for the chance I had to celebrate His birth and remember His life and what He has done for me. I love my Heavenly Father and I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. Again I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a have a happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment