Monday, January 8, 2018

So I got transferred to Kearns back in West Valley.







Sorry I didn’t send an email last week. It was such a busy day. I had to go say goodbye to a lot of people and the rest of the time was spent packing. So I got transferred to Kearns back in West Valley. I was hoping to stay on the other side of the mountain in Tooele for another few transfers but I know this is where the Lord needs me right now. I got a brand new companion straight from the MTC. His name is Elder O’Neal and he is from Georgia. I like him a lot, he is super funny, and SUPER southern. Unfortunately he was sick when he got here from the MTC and so we couldn’t go out and work as much as usual so that kind of sucked. We did have some cool experiences this week though. No one is ever home during the middle of the afternoon and so we went out and contacted and were really hoping for people to be home and every door we knocked on someone opened. It was pretty cool. That seriously never happens. And we got about 4 or 5 lessons out of it so that was really cool! All of those lessons are for this week so there weren’t too many lessons to share this week but we did have one with a guy named Tony. Tony is a really great guy who has had a pretty crazy life. Him and his wife, Cookie (yes that’s her name), have three kids and once they had their first he decided he wanted something different in his life and so he started searching for God. He has been meeting with missionaries for a while. So we met with him this week and we talked a lot about faith. He told us he wants to learn more before he moves forward with faith and so we talked about how the Lord doesn’t really work like that. What’s so cool about God is He tells or shows us enough to take the first step, but we have to take the second step relying on our faith. I know that if we do that, we will be blessed. It can be hard but it is worth it. I know my Savior lives and that He loves me and He loves you. I know it without a doubt. Hope everyone has a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment