We had a really productive week this week. Whenever you whitewash an area (when both missionaries in an area get transferred out and replaced by two new ones) it is a little hard to stay busy because neither of you know anyone in an area so we have been trying to stay busy and to go meet and talk to as many people as we can. We still haven’t necessarily seen a ton of results from our efforts but I know that the Lord is blessing us and the area. We had another great lesson with Tony this week and we talked with him again about where he is at in his relationship with God. He told us last week that he knows he wants to get baptized but he just doesn’t know when and so we had a good heart to heart with him and the Spirit was so strong. At the end of the lesson he told us he wants to get baptized and so it looks as if he will be getting baptized sometime in February so we are really excited for him! Another cool thing we get to do in this area is we get to teach a class called mission prep every Sunday night to high schoolers who are planning on going on a mission. The past two Sundays have been awesome getting to teach them and answer questions they have regarding a mission. And it was really cool to hear myself share some experiences I have had that led to me making the decision to go on a mission and some experiences I’ve had over the past 18 months that have made all the sacrifices I’ve made worth it. I feel so blessed for all the amazing people I have gotten to try and help a little and make a difference in their life. Although it isn’t me, it is Jesus Christ. Without Him, I am nothing and with Him I can do all things and I know that’s true. I’m excited for another week ahead of me!
No comments:
Post a Comment