Wednesday, January 31, 2018

I also got bit by a dog this week. I figured at some point on my mission it would happen I just didn’t know when.






This week, like any week, definitely had its ups and downs. I’ll start with the downs. On Wednesday, my companion and I were running in the morning and I slipped on some ice and sprained my ankle pretty bad and so that definitely wasn’t fun. It wasn’t terrible but for about a day and a half  I couldn’t really put too much pressure on it and so we couldn’t go out and contact and were stuck inside a lot. Not fun. But luckily another missionary gave me his ankle brace to borrow and so starting Thursday night we were able to get out and work again which was really nice. I also got bit by a dog this week. I figured at some point on my mission it would happen I just didn’t know when. Well on Saturday we were walking to go help someone unload a U-Haul truck and this dog came out of nowhere and bit my on the back of my knee and then it ran off. Luckily it wasn’t too bad but still it wasn’t really ideal. But it was still a great week. We got a new investigator, Christopher, who is a really cool guy and I’m excited to keep meeting and working with him. He has struggled a lot with addictions in the past and is working on overcoming them. We had a really good first lesson with him and talked a lot about how Christ can help us overcome our weaknesses and is willing to forgive us of our sins. There is a scripture I love that says, “And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.” I really love this scripture. Our weaknesses can become our strengths if we humble ourselves and turn to Christ for help. And that’s exactly what Christopher wants to do and hopefully we will be able to help him a little bit. I can definitely testify that this scripture is true. I have truly come to love my Savior and to rely on him so much over the past 18 months. I’m definitely not perfect and still have struggles and fall short but each day I get closer and closer to being the man I know my Heavenly Father wants me to be. I hope y'all have another great week!

1 comment:

  1. "wasn't really ideal" - tongue in cheek. Bless his heart. Glad he's okay!

    ReplyDelete