Monday, September 5, 2016

"I HAVE GROWN TO TRULY LOVE SERVING OTHERS."

      This week was a good week. Taught a lot of lessons and did a lot of service. Just this week alone I helped people move a steel plated refrigerator, a washer, a dryer, two trailer loads of boxes and stuff, and a couple couches. We also helped a guy with some painting. Those were on multiple occasions and with multiple people but they feed us most of the time so it's worth it. Saturday I got to take a lady and her two sons we are teaching to temple square and it was an amazing experience.   It was really cool to go through all the cool historical stuff and videos. They loved it. What is Temple Square?
Elder Potter and Elder Tyler

This is an 11 foot amazing statue of Jesus Christ with outstretched arms that is one of our favorite places to visit at Temple Square. 


I've noticed there are ton of Polynesians in this area and they love the missionaries so
we get invited to all their social events and feed us so much food. We have already been to a Luau and a wedding and all we do is eat the whole time. They just keep bringing us more plates and it's pretty
awesome but it sucks once I'm full. In other news, a member gave us a tandem bike and my companion and I have been riding one all week. We get some really weird looks but it's pretty fun.

Today (Monday) is a full P day (day to work on their preparations)and so my zone went on a 6 mile hike up to some lakes up in the mountains and that was super cool. It was a long hike but it was worth it. It was so beautiful.
This is a moose they saw today.




They actually saw two moose!

And then tonight we are going to have a 
zone barbecue and football game so I'm really excited. Should be a good time. Thanks so much for everyone's prayers. It means a lot to
me. I can really feel them. My headaches have gotten better so I'm thankful. I feel so blessed to have the people in my life that I do. It's an amazing feeling to have so much support from so many people, some of which I've never met. It's great so thanks so much. If there is ever anything I can do for anyone just let me know! I have grown to
truly love serving others. It is awesome to see the joy it brings into their lives. Until next week! 


He also sent a note that he may be having his  P-day moved to Tuesday next week since he will be going to the temple that day so you may not hear from him Monday next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment