This week was not as good of a week as last week but it was still a great week. My first week I think we had 28 lessons and didn't have a single lesson cancelled so it's hard to beat that but we still had a bunch of lessons this week. School started up again so it messed up schedules a little bit with some of our investigators but hopefully we'll get that figured out. We had our second baptism this past Saturday and it was an awesome baptism. The guy's name is Travis and he is just an awesome guy. He is a baller too so we've started playing basketball at the church on Tuesday nights and it has been pretty fun.
We got the chance to do a lot of service this week including for a deaf guy. Luckily my companion knows a decent amount of sign language so at least one of us could communicate with him. He is an awesome guy though and still comes to church pretty much every Sunday. We also got to help this family that's moving to Idaho load their trailer which included moving some furniture that didn't really fit through the door super well so that was interesting. We are going back this week to help with the washer and dryer.
I've been having some pretty severe headaches the past three weeks or so and they aren't really getting better, but I know that the Lord is with me because I say a little prayer before we go into every lesson for the strength to push past my headaches so I can feel the spirit and help teach those who need to hear his word and he has given me the strength to endure them every time. Hopefully I can get them figured out sooner rather than later though. We have been trying to help him from afar with these and he is supposed to see a doctor about it this week. We are wondering if it is either an undetected sinus infection or migraines. He could definitely use some specific prayers for those headaches to stop or a resolution to be found.
And last but not least, Saturday night my companion and I stopped at one of the bishop's of the 5 wards we cover to check up on a referral (someone who has asked for a missionary contact) and it was supposed to be really quick but it turned into about 40 minutes and when I came out to get my bike it wasn't there. Yes, my bike got stolen. At first I was pretty mad, but sometimes you just gotta roll with the punches and so now I look at it in a comedic way. It really is pretty funny. Luckily we have an extra bike at my apartment we just need to buy a new tube. Again thanks everyone for their thoughts, prayers, and well wishes. I've already finished one month! Can't believe it but time is flying by and I'm truly loving it out here. I can see the way that our loving Heavenly Father uses his people to help the lost sheep come back into the fold. I can truly testify that our God is a loving God and that the power of prayer is real. Prayer is our greatest tool. Pray as often as you can! It only makes life easier. Thanks again! Also shout out to Ty for joining the Utah crew 😜 Provo is getting a great missionary! (Ty is his good friend from Seymour who will be leaving on his own mission this fall and was just called to the Provo mission. Ironically this makes the 4th boy from their group to head to Utah- hence the "Utah crew".)




No comments:
Post a Comment