Monday, August 22, 2016

FIRST WEEK IN THE FIELD

My first week in the field is through and it was a pretty great week. Taught probably close to 30 lessons and we had a baptism Saturday so not a bad first week. I'm living in the basement of some members. It's a pretty big place so it's really nice. We have our own kitchen, study area, a bedroom, bathroom, and a washer and dryer so we have plenty. I love the area I'm serving in. It's a biking area because it is literally 1 square mile. But in that square mile is an entire stake with 5 wards and 3 church buildings so we stay pretty busy. We have another baptism on Saturday and 3 others on date. We are working with some pretty amazing people right now. Some are more frustrating than others but we love them all the same. This week should be a pretty good week. Lots of lessons again. Couple new investigators (someone who is learning about the church) and a baptism so that's exciting. I've definitely been placed where I need to be. Having a companion from Indiana has been super fun. It's really fun to talk about home and about what we miss the most and stuff. We have also listened to the same Disney CD's about 10 times this past week so by the end of this transfer I should pretty well know almost every song ever on a Disney movie word for word. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I feel so blessed. I'm going to start sharing a scripture that really stood out to me each week. This week was Enos 1:12 which pretty much says after we pray and labor God will grant us all of our righteous desires according to his will. I love that scripture. If we all do our part first, God will do the rest. Until next week!

Elder Potter

Here are some pictures he also sent:

At the Provo Temple What is an LDS temple?



Elder Potter and Elder Greer (His MTC companion)



Elder Potter and Elder Holderness (his cousin) at the MTC

No comments:

Post a Comment