Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Leaving the MTC


 I can't believe it but I head for the field today. It's been an awesome three weeks at the MTC. I've met so many amazing people and have a couple of people who I'm going to email with about our missions so that will be really fun. I've been so lucky to have had the district I did. I loved them so much. I'm going to really miss my companion, Elder Greer. He is an awesome missionary and a great guy too. We really taught well together but I am excited to meet my trainer today and be faced with a new challenge. It'll be interesting for sure. This past Tuesday, Elder Anderson came and spoke to us and gave us missionaries some amazing promises and that was really cool. The spirit that I felt when he walked into the room was amazing. One of the things he said that I thought was really cool was that just like him we are called to be Jesus Christ's apostles, just with a little "a" instead of a big "A." I really liked that a lot. I can't even tell you the number of people I have ran into here that I knew and they knew me. It's really cool! I learned so much this week and am so excited to apply it to the field. To end I'd like to share something funny that happened this week. I went to open this door for some missionaries and thought it was a pull but it was push door from the side I was on. So when I realized that I pushed it open but as I did I ran straight into a pole and busted my eye open. It started bleeding but my pride was hurt more. Hopefully that made everyone's week. Thanks again everyone for all the support and wishes! I'm excited for the new challenge of entering the field this week! You're all in my prayers!

Elder Potter

1 comment:

  1. What a great report!.... well, except for getting hurt. I suppose you all thought he'd be safe from that sort of thing on a mission, eh?

    ReplyDelete