Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Last Week at the MTC

Today I was able to email Colton back and forth as we were both online at the same time and chat a little bit.  It was really nice and he sounds really happy!  Our friends from church here, the Boyces also told me that their daughter Renae saw Colton at the MTC one day. It is fun to make those connections! He will send pictures soon and he asked me to share this: 

This week I definitely had an eventful week for sure. The devotionals we have had so far have been awesome. Last Sunday Elder Holland's son came and spoke to us and I got to participate in the largest MTC Choir they have ever had in the history of the MTC. There were 1,557 missionaries in the choir. We had 300 missionaries leave last Tuesday and then 814 enter on Wednesday so that was crazy.  This past Sunday I was asked to be the District Leader so naturally I lost the binder and a set of missionaries on my first day but luckily I found them both. I finally saw Brian (his cousin) on Sunday and it was awesome. We got two new TRC's on Monday and Elder Greer and I got both of them to commit to being baptized so that was really neat. Thank you to everyone who sent my stuff for my birthday. That was so nice and made me so so grateful for all the people supporting me from home and throughout the country. I'm heading into my last week at the MTC and it is definitely bitter sweet. I can't wait to enter the field (he will be heading to the west side of the Salt Lake Valley - we will learn the specifics later) but I am loving it here. My companion and my district is so sweet and I have loved getting to know them. Tomorrow is going to be interesting because we are hosts so we have to try and act like we know where everything is and what we are doing for the new missionaries. But I am doing really well! Thanks for all the love and support and if you are sending me mail don't send anything after tomorrow to the MTC please because it takes forever to get here and I'll probably be gone by the time it gets here. (We will update his mailing address as soon as we know what it is). Also you might not hear from me for two weeks because I head out into the field on Tuesday so I don't know if I will get email time. I'm hoping I do. Thanks again! Love and miss you all!


Elder Potter

No comments:

Post a Comment