Monday, October 10, 2016
"God will work miracles into your life if you do your part and show Him you have faith in Him."
Another week in the books and again a lot of really cool experiences this week. Tuesday morning we got a text that there was a girl in the hospital who needed a blessing and so we drove with one of our mission leaders about 45 minutes to get to the hospital and I got to give her a blessing. What is a Priesthood Blessing? It was cool to be able to do that for her. This was this poor little girl's 5th open heart surgery and she is probably 10-11 years old. As I gave her the blessing it honestly felt like the words coming out of my mouth weren't coming from me and were coming straight from God. It was really cool. It was the first time that I gave a blessing where I had no idea what the blessing was for. Obviously she was in the hospital but I didn't know what she was in there for until after the blessing, but I said things that definitely directly applied to her that I didn't know so it was a cool experience.
And then Tuesday night we went on exchanges for Wednesday and so I was companions with Elder Trout for the day. Elder Trout came to my area and he entered the mission field the same transfer I did so we are both still "greenies." But it was a great day. We had a really powerful lesson with a guy we started teaching recently, Christopher. We talked about what faith truly is. Faith isn't just believing in things you can't see which is what a lot of people think. Faith is proving to our Heavenly Father you believe in Him and His word by showing Him through your actions. That's giving up things that will help you strengthen your relationship with Christ. Faith is extremely hard. Christopher showed a lot of faith this week and I'd like to share it with you all. He lost his job and was basically out of money and had to pay his house payment and all this other stuff and he just didn't have the money. In our last lesson we talked about the word of wisdom (What is the Word of Wisdom? ) and how in our religion we don't smoke any type of tobacco including vaping and he likes to vape. We told him if he shows his faith to God and quits vaping that he will be blessed and be able to make all of his payments. So Christopher had a garage sale and sold a bunch of stuff online and the first thing that sold was all of his vaping stuff and he was able to make all of his payments and then Wednesday morning he got hired for a completely new job that makes triple the amount of money he has been making. God will work miracles into your life if you do your part and show Him you have faith in Him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment