This week started out as a tough week for me but it ended really well. We had a bunch of appointments cancel and things just didn't seem to be going that well and those are the times where it gets really hard not to be homesick so I was struggling and I prayed and asked Heavenly Father to pick me up and so we went to eat at bdubs and when we asked for our checks our waiter came up to us and said that half of the restaurant had asked to pay for our meal. I don't know why but that was exactly what I needed to pick me up but what's amazing is that it didn't stop there. We went to In-N-Out Friday and then Olive Garden Saturday and we got paid for again. It's truly amazing to see how many people are looking out for and praying for missionaries. It really strengthens my love for those I'm teaching. It makes me want to do my best to help them with their conversion to Jesus Christ. Friday (A side note here he said he has been gaining weight which I am pretty sure is from all of those complimentary meals!!:))
We had a zone training and we talked about how when we are joyful as missionaries we WILL be successful and I just love that. I think that is true for anything in life. If we have a positive attitude and are joyful in all we do we can consider whatever it is we are doing a success. That is what my goal is for this next transfer is to just be more positive. And then this weekend was General Conference weekend where all the members of our church around the world get to listen to our prophet and church leaders and their counsel. It was an amazing conference. Oddly enough it seemed the themes in the talks were missionary work and being happy. Which is exactly what I needed so it was awesome.
Elder Tyler and I got to take an investigator and his friend to the priesthood session and then another investigator and a recent baptized member to the afternoon session and it was amazing to be able to witness these great men of God sharing their words of wisdom in person. Extremely humbling experience.
One last cool experience I want to share. So we had a couple extra tickets to conference and couldn't find anyone to give them to and I felt like we should really give them to this family that just moved into one of our wards and so we asked them and they said sure they would take them. So we stopped by later that night to drop the 4 tickets off and they said they had called a friend and asked if she wanted to go and she broke down crying because she had been praying to somehow find tickets so she could go. She lives about 3 hours from Salt Lake but said she wanted to go and her pray was answered.
Everyone, God hears and answers all of our prayers. He knows what it is we need. All we have to do is be willing to show the faith and ask. Prayer is real. God won't do anything that isn't for our benefit. So trust Him. Thank you all for your prayers. I really can feel them lift me up every day. Until next week!
Elder Potter
No comments:
Post a Comment