I got this text on Saturday from a guy Colton has helped teach.
So with transfers this week it was a little hectic. We had our training meetings for all the trainers and trainees and that's where I met Elder Miller, my new companion. He is from St Louis area so not Indiana but that's okay. He is a great kid and I love being his companion. He is struggling right now adjusting to missionary life and feeling like he is good enough so if you could keep him in your prayers that would be great. As far as how our week went it was a good week, a little slow but still good. We had some really great lessons and found someone new to teach so that was really exciting. We had yet again another great lesson with Jose. He has to give up a few things and make a couple of changes in order to be baptized but he has told us he is willing to do whatever it takes which is super exciting. He had come so far since we started teaching him. His daughter Emily also wants to get baptized so that's great too. I love their family.
The highlight of the week was for sure Saturday. We had two baptisms, one for Josh and one for Kinzie. Elder Tyler came back from Grantsville and performed both baptisms but I got to confirm both of them as members of our church so that was really cool. And then Sunday we got to go support Josh as he got ordained an Elder and received the priesthood. What is the Priesthood? And we had another good lesson with the Oros another night. I got to share a very personal experience with the mom and it really touched her and she asked me to give her a blessing. She gave me a huge hug afterwards and I was really able to feel the gratitude she had for what I shared which was cool. I love being a missionary. I can really feel the love for those I teach, those I serve, and even those who flip me off and throw things at me as we walk along the roads. It's really changed my outlook on everything and helped me determine what's really important in life. Pleasing God is really all that matters. Who cares what anyone else thinks about me if God loves me and is proud of me? And if we can trust in our faith and in the Lord he will provide for us. He never said it would be easy but he did say it would be worth it.
I hope to hear back from you today! Love and miss you so much
His Halloween costume he ordered finally came in. I love this goofy kid!

What a wonderful report. I particularly like, "Who cares what anyone else thinks about me if God loves me and is proud of me? "
ReplyDelete