Sunday, November 27, 2016

We got to help deliver food to families in need for Thanksgiving and that was a very humbling experience

     This week was a lot of ups and downs. My companion is great, I love him so much but he is having a hard time adjusting to this lifestyle. So keep him in your prayers please. Sometimes I feel like that's a lot of my day is praying for him but it's fun training. Hard sometimes but fun. It is cool to see him molding into a great missionary. I'm just praying he is able to stick it out. We had some great things happen this week. 
     On Wednesday we got to have Zone Conference 

and I love zone conference so much, it's the best. What is a Zone Conference? We talked a lot about faith and that has become such a passion of mine. I love the idea of faith. Faith makes people do the craziest things but that's what makes it so special. But if you look in the scriptures at stories the biggest difference between the people who have a little faith and those who truly have faith is action. The children of Israel for example, only had to look at Moses's staff and they would be healed but their faith wasn't strong enough to motivate them to take action and look at the staff. Faith is so important but it's not good enough, we have to act on our faith and that is how our faith grows and we strengthen our relationship with Jesus Christ. That's the most important thing we could ever do for ourselves in this life. 

     A great point that President Palmer shared with us is that he asked us the question who has ever gotten offended at church in someway? Whatever religion you belong to. Most of us raised our hands. He then asked how many of us had ever been offended by Jesus Christ? Don't build your faith in something so imperfect and worldly as a church, but build your faith in Jesus Christ. Because the church may fail you but Jesus Christ never will. I thought was great insight and I love the opportunity I have to learn so much. 
     As far as lessons go, we had some really great lessons this week. Probably the best news was the fact that Jose and Jennie have decided to get married so Jose should be able to be baptized soon. I am so excited for him. He has made so many changes the past few weeks to come closer to Christ and I can see the changes every time we go visit him and it's so cool. I love teaching them. We had good lessons with some other people too. 
     We also got the chance to help a ward out with their "harvest hunt." We got to help deliver food to families in need for Thanksgiving and that was a very humbling experience and we actually got a couple of lesson appointments scheduled.  
     Sunday morning Elder Miller woke up with pink eye so we were pretty much quarantined all day which wasn't too fun but what can ya do. We also found out this week that Elder Rasband is going to come do a Christmas devotional with just our mission on December 3rd so I'm super excited about that. It'll be an amazing spiritual experience I'm sure. 
     I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. The holidays are super hard for me because that's when I miss home the most but the members here are so great and help me not miss it so much with their generosity and hospitality. Thanks for your prayers! Stay safe! Have a great week and a great Thanksgiving!

Love, 
Elder Potter

No comments:

Post a Comment