This week was really slow. Elder Miller had pink eye so we were stuck inside all day Sunday, all day Monday, and most of the day Tuesday which really stunk. It was the longest three days of my mission so far. We couldn't do anything and had to cancel 5 lessons so that really was hard. And then with Thanksgiving on Thursday we got another day off from missionary work so it was definitely a little different of a week.
For Thanksgiving we started off our day by playing about four hours of football with a bunch of other missionaries and a huge Polynesian family. I couldn't find cleats and it snowed the night before so I was in my tennis shoes and so I just played quarterback but I quickly earned the nickname Aaron Rodgers so all in all not a bad day. We had Thanksgiving dinner with Jennie and Jose and it was awesome. Food was bomb and it was a good time. We ended our Thanksgiving by hanging out with a bunch of missionaries playing ping pong and other games so that was super fun too.
We had a lot of lessons that got cancelled because of the holidays but we had a really cool experience on Saturday. We are teaching a kid named Devin who is interested in being baptized and his mom doesn't go to church anymore and so we were just focusing on teaching him but she said she felt the Spirit so strong when we came over she wants to start coming to church again. It was so cool to see how the Lord used us as his tools to deliver a message not just to Devin, but his mom who was sitting in the other room. I love serving the Lord. I have seen so many miracles in the past four months it is amazing how God uses us to help bring others closer to him. These kind of moments make the hard times and the days where all I want to do is jump on a plane and fly home worth it. God is good all the time. This coming Saturday we get to have a devotional as a mission with Elder Rasband which is super exciting. I'm really looking forward to that. I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend! Thanks for your prayers. Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment