So
we got transfer calls again. Can't believe how fast time is flying by! But I'm
going to be staying in Hunter South again and Elder Miller is going to be
headed to West Jordan. I'm gonna miss that kid. But unfortunately I won't only
be covering Hunter South. I'm also picking up and whitewashing a second stake
this transfer so instead of covering 5 wards I will now be covering 11 and over
twice the amount of area. ( I had to ask him what whitewashing was - I guess it's when both former missionaries transfer out and you pick up the area with fresh missionaries). It'll be interesting to see how it all works out but
I'm excited to see how things work out.
My new companion's name is Elder Muse.
I don't know much about him except that he has only been serving for one
transfer, so the same amount of time as Elder Miller. I'm super excited to work
with Elder Muse.
As far as the week went, it started off with some really bad
news. We got a call on Monday from Jose informing us his father passed away and
so that meant their family had to go to California to deal with that which was
really sad. It meant they had to postpone their wedding. Then Friday they
called me and said they got informed they have a three day eviction notice so
please keep them in your prayers.
But besides that, it was a really good week.
We had four Christmas parties so those are always fun to go to. But we had
quite a few lessons this week and we are starting to really make some progress
with some people. I'm really excited to see what happens this transfer.
On
Saturday, we got to go down to temple square with Kinzie, who just got baptized
in November, and her parents. It was the first time I had been to temple square
in a while and Elder Miller's very first time so it was exciting to take him
there. The spirit was so strong and I'm really hoping Kinzie's dad was able to
feel it and maybe make a change in him. He is such an awesome guy, he just has
no interest in anything related to religion but he loves his family so much and
one of the videos focuses on God's plan for families and it is amazing.
Hopefully he felt something during that but I guess we will see.
That's it for
this week! Thanks again for all your prayers. Have a great holiday season and
continue to look for opportunities to serve!
No comments:
Post a Comment