Monday, December 5, 2016

I love you all and hope you all look for opportunities to serve those around you who might have less then we are blessed with.

     This week has been a rather good week especially coming off such a weird week as last week. Really the only negative is it is getting so cold and I'm really tired of walking everywhere but I'll just have to get over that since I have a while until I don't have to worry about that anymore. 
     Tuesday this week we had our follow up training meeting for the new missionaries and since Elder Miller is new I went to that and it was actually a really uplifting meeting. Sometimes that meeting gets the bad wrap for new missionaries to gripe about their trainers but that didn't happen which was good. There was really only positive things shared and so that was really cool. 
    On Wednesday, Elder Miller had a meeting with President Palmer and so I got to hangout at the mission office for a little bit and got to decorate the tree which was nice since I didn't get to do that at home. We taught some really good lessons this week. We met with Christopher again and finally had a lesson that actually seemed to have changed his attitude towards everything. He really desires to have physical proof but we were able to use the Spirit to guide our words in a way to motivate him to take the leap of faith and read the Book of Mormon. We had another lesson with Devin that went well and we are excited to get to go to temple square this Saturday with him and his family. We actually are going to be going to temple square twice this Saturday. We are going to also go with Kinzie, who just got baptized, and her parents which will be awesome. 
     In other exciting news, Jennie and Jose decided Friday night that they are going to get married on December 10, this Saturday! We are so excited for them and their desire to come closer to their Savior. Saturday is going to be an amazing day. 
     This past Saturday was an amazing day. We were blessed, as a mission, with the opportunity to be addressed by Elder Rasband of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles as well as Elder Born and Elder Maynes of the seventy. What a beautiful meeting it was. The spirit that entered the chapel as those brethren entered the room was astonishing and indescribable. Probably the thing that stood out to me the most was something Elder Rasband promised us. He challenged us to study only about the Savior and his life until Christmas and that if we did that, that by Christmas, we would know the Savior better, which would lead us to love him more, which would lead us to have a stronger desire and will to serve him. I'm so excited to put that challenge and promise to the test and see the blessings that come from that promise from an Apostle of the Lord. I would like to challenge you all to do the same thing. What a better time of the year to learn about Jesus Christ then Christmas. I hope we can all always remember the true meaning behind Christmas. This is the last week of the transfer, so I'll find out sometime Saturday what will be happening for the next seven weeks. So please don't send me anything after Wednesday! This time I have absolutely zero idea what is going to happen so it should be interesting. I love you all and hope you all look for opportunities to serve those around you who might have less then we are blessed with. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment