Monday, November 7, 2016

We got transfer calls this week!



Last District Meeting Before Transfer
Went to Johnny Rockets after Temple Square to celebrate transfers.

 Family we took to Temple Square  - the Oros

                     The Rushtons

So first off, we got transfer calls this week (every six weeks or so they are reassigned to areas based on missionaries going home, missionaries arriving and the needs of people in the different areas) so Elder Tyler will be heading to Grantsville (Colton's Aunt and Uncle and cousins live there) and I will be staying in Hunter South and will be training a brand new missionary, Elder Miller right out of the MTC. It was awesome to be able to serve with Elder Tyler for three months. I learned a lot from him and I'm glad I got to serve with him. I'm definitely excited about the opportunity to train Elder Miller and I'm excited for the work that we have going right now in the Hunter South Stake. 

But I had a really good week this week. We had some really good lessons and a couple of break through lessons. On Wednesday we normally have a correlation (planning meeting) with one of our ward mission leaders but he wasn't home for some reason at the time we normally meet and so we went back later and his wife said he had just left but should be back soon so we stuck around that area and tried a couple of referrals. We had knocked most of these houses we tried at least 5 times and never got an answer but we got a couple to answer and picked up two solid new investigators which was awesome. 

Saturday we got to go to Temple Square with a family, the Oros and it was so cool to go with them and to be able to answer all their questions. The mom and oldest son are members but that's it and we have been working with them forever. One of the teachers I had at the MTC worked with them so they have been meeting with missionaries forever and so we are happy with their progression right now. On Sunday, Jennie and Jose and 4 of their 7 kids were able to make it to church again and Jose loves it. Sunday night we stopped by and visited with them so elder Tyler could say his goodbyes and stuff to the area and Jose told us he wants to get baptized and then he wants to marry Jennie and he is super excited and sincere about it and it was so cool. So next lesson we are going to go over a couple of things so he knows what the requirements for baptism are. Jose has a couple of things he needs to work through first but I think  he will keep the faith and stay strong and make it. I'm super excited for him and his family. Besides that not too much else to report. This transfer is only a 5 week transfer so the people going home can get home in plenty of time before Christmas. So this transfer is going to fly by and I feel like I'll probably stay here for another transfer after this one. But I'll be 6 months down at that point so that'll be cool! Until next week!

Elder Potter

No comments:

Post a Comment