It was just a pretty normal Pday. We went golfing this morning and then hung out at a member's house while we did some laundry. About to go get some dinner because our dinner cancelled for tonight. I'm really sad about the shootings as well. We were watching it a little bit at the members house. It is just so evil and messed up.
So believe it or not it is the last week of the transfer. We will get transfer calls on Saturday. In interviews this past week with our mission president he told Elder Smith and I that we will probably be staying together which was exciting. If so it would be my first time "killing off" a companion, meaning I would be his last companion before he goes home. This week we had my third of four General Conferences on the mission. I always love General Conference and I always learn so much. There were a lot of really great messages shared but I think a lot really were geared towards how important it is to love everyone and to serve those around you, especially the less fortunate. GENERAL CONFERENCE MESSAGES
With all the recent natural disasters and with the shootings and terrorist attacks going on all around us it is so important we fight the evil in the world with love. It will make a difference. I got to attend the Saturday Afternoon session of conference with Bill and Christine, an older married couple we are teaching. They are going to get baptized this Saturday so we are looking forward to that! So about a month ago I found out that our mission is now going to be what is called a "social media mission." What that means is starting in two weeks I will have Facebook and twitter and will be able to use those tools to help share the gospel. However, I won't be able to use it like I did at home. I'll only be able to use it to help share messages about Jesus Christ. I don't know too many details yet but once I found out more I'll let y'all know. But I'm excited to try different methods of helping people learn more about Jesus Christ. The weather is starting to turn here. Some days it's nice and other days it is way too cold but that's the way it goes. I'm now down to less than 10 months left on my mission which is pretty unreal. It doesn't really seem like I've been gone for that long at times. I love Jesus Christ and I love teaching others about Him. I hope everyone has a great week! I love and miss you all!
With all the recent natural disasters and with the shootings and terrorist attacks going on all around us it is so important we fight the evil in the world with love. It will make a difference. I got to attend the Saturday Afternoon session of conference with Bill and Christine, an older married couple we are teaching. They are going to get baptized this Saturday so we are looking forward to that! So about a month ago I found out that our mission is now going to be what is called a "social media mission." What that means is starting in two weeks I will have Facebook and twitter and will be able to use those tools to help share the gospel. However, I won't be able to use it like I did at home. I'll only be able to use it to help share messages about Jesus Christ. I don't know too many details yet but once I found out more I'll let y'all know. But I'm excited to try different methods of helping people learn more about Jesus Christ. The weather is starting to turn here. Some days it's nice and other days it is way too cold but that's the way it goes. I'm now down to less than 10 months left on my mission which is pretty unreal. It doesn't really seem like I've been gone for that long at times. I love Jesus Christ and I love teaching others about Him. I hope everyone has a great week! I love and miss you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment