Well we finally got snow this week. It has been a very mild winter with most days being in the 40s all winter and especially this past week until Sunday and Monday. We got quite a bit of snow and it is supposed to keep snowing on and off for the rest of the week. I was hoping we could just skip winter this year but it decided to just come really late. It was still a really good week though and this week should be a great week too. Logan and Bowen are both going to be getting baptized this coming Saturday and Elder O’Neal and I are both really excited about that. It has been so fun to get to teach and to get to know these kids. They both are just so excited about getting baptized and about reading their scriptures and doing their very best to follow Jesus. After being on my mission for this long and working with so many young kids, I definitely understand why Jesus in the scriptures says to become like a little child to be worthy to enter the kingdom of God. They are so humble and ready and willing to learn. Logan and Bowen are definitely great examples to me. It was a pretty typical week for the most part. We had some lessons and spent a lot of time contacting but Saturday was a really fun day. We got to play basketball in the morning with some people in our area and it was a lot of fun and then we spent the rest of the day doing service. We spent most of the afternoon helping unload a moving truck and there weren’t very many of us there to help and a lot of stuff so it took us a while. When we finished that we went and helped a guy in our area build a gardening box for his wife and we helped dig up some pretty big roots as well. And after we finished that we spent the rest of our night helping the same people from earlier in the day unload a second load in their moving truck. And this time Elder O’Neal and I were the only ones there to help. I definitely slept well that night and woke up pretty sore on Sunday. I’m so thankful for the opportunity I have to get to serve others. I love the people here so much. If you are struggling to get along with someone or love someone in your life, serve them. By serving them you will set aside your pride and your differences and be able to see them the way God sees us and it will completely change the way you look at them. I’ve got to do that for the last 19 months and it has truly changed my life and I’m so grateful for that. Until next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment