Tony got baptized on Saturday and it was such a cool thing to witness.
We got transfer calls this week and found out that Elder O’Neal and i would both be staying together another transfer so I’m super excited for that. I’ve loved getting to serve with him these past 6 weeks and look forward to the next 6 weeks. We had a pretty exciting week. Tony got baptized on Saturday and it was such a cool thing to witness. The Spirit was so strong there and it was pretty evident how excited Tony was to get baptized. I’m so happy for him and for his family. We also had some pretty cool lessons this week. For whatever reason it seemed like all of our lessons this week seemed to be on a lesson we call the Plan of Salvation. I love teaching this lesson. This lesson teaches us about our relationship with our Heavenly Father, where we were before we came to Earth, where we go after we die, and what our purpose is here on Earth. This lesson gives me so much hope. I’m so thankful for the knowledge that I have to know that I’ll be able to see my family and loved ones again even after death. We have a loving Heavenly Father so why would he make it so after our life on Earth there is nothing else? To me that just doesn’t make sense, and I know God loves us and wants all of His children to return and live with him again some day. God is going to do everything He can to help us return and live with him and that is why he sent Jesus Christ to suffer and die for us. Jesus came to help us overcome both physical and spiritual death and it is only possible through Him. I love a scripture that talks about this. It says, “And now, the plan of mercy could not be brought about except an atonement should be made; therefore God himself atoneth for the sins of the world, to bring about the plan of mercy, to appease the demands of justice, that God might be a perfect, just God, and a merciful God also.” I’m so thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ and for His suffering and sacrifice for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment